- Recognize the Incident Command System (ICS), the Incident Management System (IMS), and other management tools.
- Understand the type of information required before an emergency to decide upon and plan the most effective and appropriate tactical responses.
- Comprehend the components of an Incident Action Plan and know what steps and considerations are required as part of the decision-making process for these plans.
- Understand the types of strategies engine and truck companies deploy in emergency situations.
- Recognize building construction types and how these impact tactics are used in firefighting today.
- Comprehend the fire officer’s responsibilities concerning identifying and mitigating building collapse concerns.
- Strategic & Tactical Considerations of the Fireground, 3rd edition, Brady.
ISBN 978-0- 13-25881-7.
- NOTE: This book is not supplied with your course purchase but is available through technical bookstores and online vendors. We provide a link below to purchase the book.
- A high-speed internet connection.
Purchase the required textbook from the vendor here.
Purchase the required E-Book from the vendor here.