Couch Courses “ATPC9516 Chief Officer” course is a self-paced, online fire course with continuous open enrollment that serves the following certificatinos: Fire Officer III and Fire Code Administrator.
This course meets or exceeds the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1021, Standard for Fire Officer III Professional Qualifications, 2020 edition.
The target audience includes fire service professionals who have obtained the Fire Officer II certification.
- Developing programs that improve and expand service to the public.
- Building partnerships and expanding services.
- Developing a community risk reduction program.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Creating and managing department budgets.
- Developing a department budget.
- Interpreting financial data and communicating it in writing.
- Managing multi agency operatinos in an emergency.
- Implementing a post-incident analysis.
- NOTE: This book is not supplied with your purchase of the course but is available through technical bookstores and online vendors.
- NOTE: Before purchasing any textbooks, check to make sure you are using the correct ISBN, as there may be several versions of the title available depending on customization requirements for individual schools.
- A high-speed internet connection
Required Textbook (not included): Chief Officer, Fourth Edition, 2019; IFSTA; ISBN: 978-0-87939-644-2.
E-Book: E-Book Chief Officer, Fourth Edictino, 2019; IFSTA; ISBN: 978-0-87939-649-7.
Couch Courses recommends you order your Textbook online prior to signing up for the course to prevent any delays in starting the coursework.
Accreditation: Columbia Southern University agreement:
This course will convert to the 3-hr college class: UNKNOWN
All class offerings have been pre-approved by the Bureau of Fire Standards and Training. Upon successful completion of the class, your grade will be entered into your FCDICE Course History.
Certifications Served: For a full and current list of state certifications that this course will assist in achieving, please visit our BFST Certifications page.
Continuing Education Units (CEU’s): Approved for 60 CEUs toward Fire Instructor, Firesafety Inspector, and Fire Code Administrator.
Purchase the required textbook from the vendor here.
Purchase the required E-Book from the vendor here.